Everything You Need To Know
Telling your story on Herald TV:
- You have 2-3 minutes to tell your story. What is it that you want to tell?
- What is the business image you want to portray?
- What makes your business unique over your competition?
- Is there anything you do over-and-above for your clients?
- Do you have special events we can highlight?
- Do you have customers who would provide a testimonial on video? (30 seconds is all it takes and it’s powerful!)
- Engage your employees. Make sure they are aware we are going to be filming (they are not required to talk into the camera, we just want to film them in action). Have your employees doing what they do best – actively working (on the phone, helping customers, in meetings, etc.).
- You can “stage” your video shoot. Live action shots bring life and meaning to your video and showcase your business in action, but some customers do not want to be on video. If you feel your customers may be uneasy to be on video, ask your friends and family members to come by and be an “actor” for a few hours. They don’t need to be speaking on video, just captured for footage.
What you need to know prior to your Herald TV shoot:
- Please allow approximately 3 to 4 hours for filming.
- Video crew will need to arrive 20-30 minutes prior to scheduled video shoot. Filming times are 9:30AM or 1:30PM.
- Designate a spokesperson(s) for your video and location for the shoot.
- Spokesperson(s) appearing in the video shoot will need to be sign a waiver/release form.
- Emphasis on a well-lit and quiet space for filming.
- Each scene averages 40-45 seconds with a teaser or graphics between scenes.
- Our host typically wears professional attire so if you would like her to accommodate a different look please let us know.
- Any pictures or logos to be used in your video will need to be high resolution.
- Extra charges will be incurred for video requests longer than 4 hours and travel outside of Calgary.
- One business day notice required for rescheduling requests. No-shows or reschedules (not within the 1 business day timeframe) will be charged a $300 fee.
A few tips in preparation for your interview:
- We advise against wearing hats, sunglasses and red clothing.
- Please review draft script prior to interview and provide feedback at least 2 business days before your shoot.
- All interviewees should have an understanding of the questions they will be asked and prepare what they want to say.
- Relax and remember the magic of filming includes re-takes so if you forget something you wanted to say or want to start again it’s not a problem – that’s what re-takes are for!
- Interview is conversational style.
- Interview portion usually averages 1 to 1 ½ hours (this includes re-takes).
- Interviewee is not required to be involved in the rest of the filming.
- Once film crew has set up the cameras for the interview, other cameramen will be taking b-roll footage (footage of location, staff, customers, products, etc) while interview takes place.